Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Caught in the Rain

Oh mommy and daddy. What were you thinking?
Well it was fun nonetheless.

...It was about 6 one evening and I was being fussy
It has been too hot to go out for walks during the day
So mom and dad decided to take me out for a walk that evening when they took my helmet off so I could air out

We walked past the park...
across a busy street (where a policeman DIDN'T even stop for us at the cross walk!)...
and to the grocery store to get some ice cream....

It wasn't until we were on our walk back when 
ALL OF THE SUDDEN
it began to rain!
And rain is quite an understatement here, 
it DOWN POURED

And I was merely in some shorts and a T-shirt! 
At first it felt refreshing, but then it didn't stop. 
I didn't know what to think. 
"I am not in a pool, nor my bathtub. SO what is going on?!" I thought.

Then mom and dad stopped the stroller, 
and as they were unbuckling me they noticed my chin was 
QUIVERING!
They felt terribly bad.
Mom quickly pulled me into her arms...that wasn't enough.
So under her shirt I went!
Rain ever coming down on us!!!

I didn't cry
I just curled into a little ball and hugged my mommy.
And down the street we ran

Dad pushing the stroller that carried not a baby, but ice cream! 
Mom running ever so carefully behind, carrying me under her shirt!
I am sure we must have looked quite funny.

3 blocks till home...

We bypassed that busy crosswalk...we didn't have time to wait for people to stop for us.
(Besides, why are they going to stop when the policeman DIDN'T?!!!)
We then came to the stoplight on our street. 

2 blocks to go...

The little walking light was just about to turn, signaling it okay for us to cross,
when a very kind man in a minivan in the right hand turn lane noticed out predicament.
He honked his horn, rolled down his window and through the rain he called out, 
"That baby must be freezing, do you need a ride?"

We got in, he blasted the heat and gave Cohen a little blanket. 
In the car was his sweet little daughter with gorgeous long hair and her grandma. 
The man said he had seen us scurrying along, then the rain came.
He knew he had to help, or at least offer. 

The world is not all bad. 
There ARE still very kind-hearted people out there willing to lend a helping hand.

This is Cohen, 
  Keepin it round all 'round the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment