Monday, September 10, 2012

Take a Deep Breath

Who ever said school is tough,
work is tiring and
jobs are stressful...
to you I say
TRY BEING A MOTHER.

It is a never-ending combination of the above.
Because when all is said and done,
finals end,
work passes by and
jobs...well at least you get paid
and it is usually a Mon-Fri thing.
But being a mom is a
forever role
(Monday through Sunday everyday all day, week after week, month after month, year after year...forever).

Yes it brings great joy and happiness,
yes there are times when my heart is 100% completely full;
but, I find that as a new mom I am constantly worrying.
Is he eating enough, sleeping enough, playing enough, developing on track?

Is he happy, does he know how much we love him, am I meeting ALL of his needs....
physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually?
Frankly, AM I doing this right?

It may sound silly that I fret about these things when even I know the answer to each of these worries is a solid 

YES.

But it just takes one minor set back to make you begin to question yourself.
...
Brachycephaly is my setback today and for the next 8 weeks (THANKFULLY no longer than that), & it is mine to conquer.

While the name seems quite daunting,
and cases of it can be far more severe than what we are facing,
it still is enough to worry this mother's heart.

It pains me to see my helpless little 7month old in a cranial helmet;
I have to constantly remind myself that it is for the best.

And so with
faith
we move forward.
Faith
that our doctor knows what he is doing, and
faith
that the Lord will be with us and comfort us
during this time in our family's life.

2 comments:

  1. You are an incredible Mother, and sweet Cohen is so blessed to be in your family. What a beautiful blog. Your story is going to help other loving mothers. I love you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kayla. Your love and support means the world to me. You are so strong in every way. I love you and am so thankful that both our boys can grow up together!

    ReplyDelete